skip to main content
- Barrier-Free Technology Coming of Age
- The Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII) - a concept which radically changes how a wide variety of people access the Internet - is being demonstrated at 5th Cloud Computer Forum and Workshop, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), which runs from June 5-7, 2012, and simultaneously at a research coordination and planning workshop at the European Commission headquarters in Brussels Belgium, June 7th.
- European Commission Funds Cloud Computing Accessibility Initiative
- The Trace Center is a leader in CLOUD4All, a new coalition launched Nov. 1, 2011, with a $13 million, four-year grant by the European Commission. This project involves 30 partners and will carry out initial research and development on several of the key components of the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII).
- Report on 9-1-1 Calling for People With Disabilities
- 3,149 persons with disabilities answered questions about use of technology to call 9-1-1 today and functional preferences for future Internet-based 9-1-1 calling.
- Focus Group Participants Wanted
- Discussions will gather opinions and recommendations regarding telecollaboration, as part of a study by the RERC on Telecommunication Access (a joint project of the Trace Center and Gallaudet University Technology Access Program).
- News & Events
- Archived news and events items.